Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sorry it's been a while...

~My oldest won his school spelling bee! He's a 4th grader, and he won against 4th, 5th and 6th graders and will represent his school in the city-wide bee, whenever that is. Very proud!
~If Steph can blog about SNL, then I have to, too. Here was my favorite part from a better-than-average show last night. Can't get the video display, gotta just link it.
~Oh yeah, we're getting a new president this week. That's some big friggin news!! I am so very excited, pleased, proud, amazed that we will be swearing in a (almost) black president. Times have changed and this clearly is a new generation coming into power. I JUST WISH IT WASN'T BARACK OBAMA!!!! Why couldn't Colin Powell have run this time? There are so many more wonderful, God-fearin, Jesus-lovin black people of political power out there that I would've rather seen win this election. But still, day after we celebrate "Martin Luther King Jr./Robert E Lee Day" we will see an historic event in so many accounts. I'm sure I'll even cry some...doesn't take much!
~Indoor soccer at church is going well. Much better setting for my boys to play in. The Y was WAY too competitive, kids insulting eachother on the field, bad, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. They're having fun and getting better playing at church. I started running a little concessions area on the side with some youth helpers, and I think that will turn out to be fun to get to know some of the youth, too.
~Got an examination for State job coming up on Saturday to possibly work at the Probate office... looking forward to that opportunity.
~My Father in law is on a mission trip in Costa Rica for the next twelve days... I had a ticket to go too. Back in October when I signed up, we were assuming Tony would be working, and things would be in order, but that hasn't happened, so I have to believe it's just not in God's timing for me to go right now. Maybe next time.
Later!
It's been so long, I almost forgot how to put in a link!

1 comments:

Steph said...

I'm just now reading this... it's like a month later!!!! Sorry about that but I've barely had time to blog myself, let alone check anyone elses! Facebook eats most of my precious computer time. Anyway, I'm glad you got on here to brag about your boy and update on everything else. Let me know about that state job... I'm curious if anything has come through with this. Most of my family works for the state and I think that could be a good place for you if it works out. I know you have been unwaivering in your faith... I admire you for it! I'll pray for your family today. Please take care and hopefully you can alert me the next time you update your blog! :)