Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who, me?

Did I get tagged by Stacy? If so, what does that mean?
Does it just mean I have to mention 6 things about me you may not know? Then pick some more? Ok, here goes:

1~My firstborn son weighed 10 lbs 1 oz at birth, and yes, I had him without the help of a c-section. (He did break his collar-bone coming out, though.)

2~I've been to Equador before on a mission trip. Summer of '98, and I'm scheduled to go to Costa Rica on a mission trip in January. (Oh yeah, I've GOT to renew my passport!!)

3~I actually wasn't ALWAYS an Alabama fan. My parents moved here from California, so when I got around other kids in kindergarten, they would always ask me, "Do you go for Auburn or Alabama?" and I didn't know what the HECK they were talking about. So, I asked my Mom, and she said Auburn. I asked my Dad, and he said Alabama. So, for a few years I claimed Auburn, but then when I got older, 9th or 10th grade, I decided for myself and I chose Alabama. Hm, is it coincidence that was the year of their last national championship?

4~I was at a Benny Hinn crusade when I made my decision to follow Christ. It was actually a few months after I went on my mission trip. Kinda backwards, I guess, but you know, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I always went to church as a kid, but I didn't know anything about a RELATIONSHIP with Christ, just a bunch of religious activities. So after talking to Tony a lot about it for several months, I was ready (and by preparing and prompting of the Holy Spirit) when I was asked that question, "If you died tonight, are you certain you'd be in heaven with God?" I thought my answer was no, so I went down to pray and accept Christ into my heart right then. My life has never been the same since.

5~My husband and I went to the same Elementary school and High school, and he was only a grade ahead of me AND I cheerleaded? for the football team he played for at the Y, and we never met until the year after I graduated. We've grown up around so many of the same people, but we never knew eachother. Cool, huh?

6~I'm not as nice to my kids as everybody thinks I am. It really bothers me when people tell me I'm such a great mom, because I don't think it's true. I know deep down I should handle some situations differently, with more patience and understanding, speaking to my kids in a way that teaches them to think, instead of down-grading their ideas, or crushing their imaginations. I wish I treated them the same at home as I do when other people are around...I don't know why that's hard for me to do. Sorry to turn this into confessional time, but that's definitely something you didn't know about me, that maybe if you did, I would change it!!

I tag Crystal and Stephanie!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Glad you are back to blogging! You still need to find a background that's, um, less blue and orange! :)

I accept the challenge but not sure exactly when you'll see the results. Soon I hope!

Stacy said...

Good job! :)

Always cool to know more about you!
(And glad you came to your senses about teams!)

Pirello said...

I accept the challenge myself. I will try sometime soon...