Monday, April 7, 2008

Now this is frightening!

I recieve a daily devotional email from a member of my church, and this morning, he relayed this link that he got after his devotional was sent out today.
I am glad now that I can say I really don't watch Oprah that much. I had no idea she had gone this far. I thought she was just sort of self-serving, doing nice things, great things, even, to help those without, using her massive millions for good, and I always kinda thought she was closer to an atheist-state than anything else. To know that she is reaching a whole lot of people with wackiness like this is frightening.
Kudos to the woman in her audience who stood up and defended her faith by reminding Oprah that there IS only ONE way. And when O said that when she heard our God is a jealous God, that something seemed wrong with that.....hello? She was just way off base with that line of thinking. Well, like I said in my dream, "Keep your eyes on the skies!"

3 comments:

Pirello said...

I have seen that video before. It has been around for some time. I am not an Oprah fan. Sure she does a lot of good for people's physical needds; but she is dangerous to people's spiritual needs. It is sad becasue so many pople look up to her and listen intently to what she says. Almost like she is a God herself!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shannon. I', just catching up on several days worth of reading. I totally agree that everyone should have to work in the service industry- at least for three months- particularlly waiting tables. I like the picture your dream paints in my mind. Way cool!

Steph said...

I agree... there is a lot of Oprah "worship" in our society! She wields a ridiculous amount of influence (ie: her book club) but I shouldn't be surprised... this generation is full of sheep!