Friday, April 18, 2008

God is GOOD!

All the time! He is my provider....waiting tables is kinda like casting lots. You know, in the bible all the time how it talks about casting lots? You can choose your section, you can even choose your customers sometimes, you can choose to work hard and even go that extra mile, but you really never know how much money you're going to make until it's all said and done. The other day I picked up an extra shift for breakfast, which I used to work 5 days a week, but almost never since I've been back. It's amazing to me how many breakfast regulars remember me. I was gone for 2 years! Anyway, I had a table of 6 guys, their bill was $42, they gave me $60 and told me to keep the change. Then I had one guy, whose bill was $7.50, when I picked up his money, I swear he got out a $10 bill, so I said, "I'll be right back with your change.", took it over to the counter to make change, saw that it was actually a $20, went to give him his change, and he was gone! To me, that was an angel in disguise. Stuff like that happens to other servers all the time, but not me. I noticed I've been blogging a lot about money lately, I guess that's cuz we don't have much of it right now. But that's ok...we'll make it through...I think. Hubby started a new job this week, but it turned out to be total BS, not what was advertised at all. But at least when that didn't work, he was motivated to go a few other places looking for some work. I'm sure he'll get something good going next week. Until then, just remember, God is good, all the time! (All the time, God is good. :) Stick around for the upbeat part - that's how it sounds in my head.

3 comments:

Steph said...

AMEN!

Stacy said...

Awesome!
Just an FYI - I've tried being a better tipper since reading your blog entries about it. I think we've always been minimal tippers...like just the right amount to not be rude and maybe a rounded-up penny or nickel more. This is mainly because we're broke all the time, too! :)

Now, since I am BAD BAD BAD at mathematically figuring the tip, I worry less about it and just tip an amount that I am confident is above the minimum. I hope it has blessed those who need it most.

You are an encouragement!

Steph said...

This is funny but totally true... we too are trying to be better tippers as a result of your blog. Even Plumberboy was "convicted" after reading. Shannon's Shorts: Changing the World one post at a time! :)