Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sermon in the Shower

This morning, as I was getting myself ready for church, the "most fashionable Sunday of the year", I thought to myself in the shower...."What's it all about?" I found myself wishing I was getting ready to go to a singing, shouting, praising, dancing celebration. You could say my church is pretty reserved. But what a morning to sing, shout, praise and dance to the Lord! He is RISEN! He conquered the grave and sin and death. The tomb was empty! If that's not enough reason to get out of your seat and sing and shout and praise Him, then nothing is. It's so wonderful to know that God sees us through the eyes of Jesus. It all just makes me so eager for His return. Let's just be done with this life, this world, all the sin and troubles in it, and just spend all eternity in His presence, by His side, living and learning all there is to about this life and the next in perfect peace and harmony. But there is a point to this life. There is a reason we're all here. If we can just try our best (with His help, of course) to bring a few more people around us to the awesome saving power of Christ's love and what he did for us all as we celebrate this weekend, we'd be serving His purpose.
Whoever's reading out there, I love you, and I hope you are having a very blessed Easter.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Just got around to reading and all I can say is "AMEN!" I'll try to post a link to this post on my blog if I ever get around to posting myself. That was very well-written! Hope you had a blessed Easter!