Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dr. Phil

visited Britney in the hospital last week, and then had the GALL to tell ET that she needs serious physcological intervention. This is news? The rest of the Spears family is upset because Mom Lynn asked him to visit her with the idea that he would not bring the media into it. Is Dr. Phil the only person on earth who thinks Britney needs to get some help? The spokesperson for Jaime, Lynn & Jamie-Lynn Spears was on the today show and she made an excellent point (which most of us already realize) that our society unfortunately, for the most part, is facsinated with watching a family deteriorate, rather than rally around them. So she basically came on the today show and asked for prayers for Britney and the family. Now, I don't know about you, but I've heard it before and honestly, been a little heartless about it. The truth is, she's a mother of two who's losing a mental battle in her own mind, and in the meantime, losing her chances of raising her boys. She does need prayer, and we're not here to judge. So, I know it may sound silly to ask for prayers for a celebrity-paparazzi-darling, who has been very open and deliberate about a lifestyle of flagrant sin, but it is what we're here for. I think our initial reaction (or at least mine) should be one of intsant intercession instead of a shrug, an eye roll, and a quick dismissal as being the norm.

"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Ph 2:12

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." Ja 5:16

"Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other." Is 45:22

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sorry y'all... still new at the blogosphere, both the links I'm trying to plant aren't working, but it's not like it isn't all over TV.

Stacy said...

Excellent points made. Our culture (including Christians) definitely gas a sick fascination w/ celebrity & I know I'm guilty. I've tried to be a part of Master Media Ministries when I can (it's not my top-tier ministry money-getter cuz most stays local) but I believe it is a very worthy cause. Not only do celebrities have a lot of pull in this world, which makes it great when the celebrities are pulling for God's goals, but they are also lost souls who need a Savior!

Excellent post :)

p.s. I've always had a strong dislike for Dr. Phil. I need to remember to pray for him, too!