Saturday, January 26, 2008

Where you at?

How sweet! A faithful checker has posed the question 'cuz it's been a whole week since my last post. Truth is, Monday morning I was all poised and ready to boo-hoo and complain about the Packers losing on Sunday, but I checked Steph's blog first, and learned the sad, tragic news about Bronner Burgess. Needless to say, that sort of thing changes your perspective real quick.
So, this week I've just been floating around, listening to news about Rick & Bubba, Heath, Britney, (the whole "British-accent-possible-split-personalities-thing" fascinates me) and not really knowing where to focus.
I'm wondering if having a blog that could potentially reach lots of people brings a certain responsiblity for me to spread the gospel. The fact that I love my husband very much, but have to watch him suffer from depression from time to time is not something that I talk about a whole lot, but I know I'm not the only one out there who has to deal with that kind of situation. So maybe I should write (type) about that. I have 3 wonderful children and I often don't feel like the best parent in the world (or even house, sometimes) and I know that's something I'm not alone in dealing with. Every mother (well, most every mother) likes to share their stories of childbearing. Those of you who know me would probably never have guessed my first child weighed in at 10 pounds, 1 ounce.... yeah, that's a cool story. We just got a new puppy for Christmas, I think we're gonna call him "Buddy" because we can't decide on a real name.
See, total lack of focus!!
Someone let me know what they would like my next topic to be, and I'll hit the ground running with the first recommendation.
Ready, set, reply!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm always up for a good birth story :)

I'm sure the LORD will lead you to an appropriate post. I struggle many times with what to do with my blog. In the start, I really just used it as a way to document things going on in our home. Then I realized people were actually READING! Wow, did God want me to do something more?

So then I thought, Yikes...do I need to make every post one that preaches? LOL No, but I do try to at least glorify God in every post. I feel called to have a passion for certain things and I believe God put those passions in me and I see those as being perfectly relevant topics to blog about but somedays, I just struggle to find something spiritual to say.

Of course, I've struggled with depression so there have been many times I'd like to write out my seeming-despair but I'm much too vain for that. I also have been totally freaked out sometimes by how many people read! So I don't get TOO real TOO many times, ya know?

OK - it's late...gotta go. But please DO blog again soon!

Steph said...

Oh yeah... meant to comment sooner. I want to hear all about your new puppy! I'm up for anything but I think you need to upload pics and give us the lowdown on this new pup.

And yeah, you'd be amazed at how people will find your blog. I was actually quoted on a funeral blog the other day. RANDOM INDEED! Take care and blog again soon! (But boy I know how hard it is to find the time!)

Steph said...

Oh yeah... meant to comment sooner. I want to hear all about your new puppy! I'm up for anything but I think you need to upload pics and give us the lowdown on this new pup.

And yeah, you'd be amazed at how people will find your blog. I was actually quoted on a funeral blog the other day. RANDOM INDEED! Take care and blog again soon! (But boy I know how hard it is to find the time!)